The BCCSW Indigenous Committee’s Video Project: Celebrating Indigenous Voices of BC Registered Social Workers. Watch Video

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of training do Registered Social Workers in BC have?

Registered Social Workers must have a university degree in order to practice in the province of BC. A Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) requires four years of university study, with additional years of graduate studies required to obtain a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree.

Social Workers are life long learners, with safety of the public first and foremost. Yearly completion of the Continuing Professional Development program is a requirement for all practicing registrants.